Thursday, March 11, 2010

There are times on every road trip where you just want a salad, a shower and a long, long nap...

This might be that time. Susie reports from Pioche:

Finally found a place with 'bars' on the phone. We're at Pioche, NV in the only motel within hundreds of miles. It is right out of the 1960's and I'm so allergic to these old rooms, hope I live through the night....

Weather is bitter cold and high winds, making it even colder. Running boards on the vehicle are iced over. I'll get it serviced tomorrow and a new windshield wiper. The drivers side is just disintegrating. Also will clean up the inside and get my stuff packed up. I'm making a list of things to do and remember for the vehicle and will leave my numbers for the drivers. I'm going to miss the tour, but really need the rest. Well sort of rest, I still will be working everyday until I return to the tour.


Warpaint Pilot Susie is going to take a break. We'll still be on the road with a new pilot and co-pilot.

Next up: Friday, March 12 -- Paiute Tribe of Utah Tribal Chambers in Cedar City, UT from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment